Simulation
I recently went to Sloan to have my mold shaped for radiation. I first was put through the Ct machine. I'm not sure if it was on or taking some kind of measurement or image. I didn't hear it come on, so I'm not entirely sure what it did. Then, they heated up, what seems to be a material similar to plastic, and they molded it to my head and shoulders. The material was very warm, bordering on hot. Thankfully, unlike the material at my transplant hospital, this material had a face cut out. If it didn't, I would have definitely been claustrophobic, as they strap the mold to the Ct table with clasps or clips. You are really pinned down. It is important that you don't move when getting radiation as everything is measured to the milometer. They did the mold while I was on the table of a Ct machine. They kept pressing the material against my body to make it as accurate as possible. It also needed some time to cool down while it was being molded to me, otherwise, they said it could shrink. When they felt it was cool enough, I was sent into the Ct scan and some images were taken. Then, they marked the mold in certain places with a marker. It took maybe a half an hour to do the whole process.
No comments:
Post a Comment