Sunday, November 17, 2024

Small Update

 Small Update

 

    I finished my last IV antibiotic dose Thursday night. I still have a week of vancomycin left. The posaconazole will be another 3- 6 months. On Friday night, I got a lab corp text that said my labs were ready to view. I had gotten bloodwork taken on Tuesday. My cyclosporine level was only 38 and it needs to be around 150. This was concerning. My creatinine had also risen to 1.6. That's not good either.  I had been drinking a large amount and had even increased my usual fluids to an extra drink for a total of 6, 12oz drinks a day. I thought that most likely, my coordinator would tell me to add 25mg of cyclosporine at night. I just wasn't sure if she'd want me to alternate 25mg and 50mg every other night as sometimes we do. I know that the posaconazole increases the cyclosporine by quite a bit. Then I was also concerned that the cyclo would cause my creatinine to increase even more as it's nephrotoxic. I ended up calling the emergency line and speaking with a doctor who said to increase the cyclo to 50 every night and get new labs on Tuesday. So that's where I'm at now. I am still short of breath with mild activity. I still don't know the cause. My lungs feel clear, no wheezing and no mucus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simulation

 Simulation   I recently went to Sloan to have my mold shaped for radiation.  I first was put through the Ct machine. I'm not sure if it...