Endoscopy Results
My results made it to my MyChart last week but I didn't want to look at them. Often when I have a scan done or something like this, I go to read the results but they are hard to understand and often say things that I take to mean as significantly bad, but are actually fine. My mom really wanted me to read the results and I figured if they hadn't called me, the results must not be that bad. So on Saturday, I read the results. There were four different entries in my MyChart and I read them all with not much clarity. In one finding it said something about a Bethesda category III and something else was atypical. There was no definitive answer. So I called the office, and asked if someone could get back to me about the results. They told me it would be 24-48 hours before someone would contact me. After a day of no answer, I wrote to my Lung Transplant coordinator and asked if she could get in touch with the doctor as I couldn't understand the results. My coordinator got back to me the same day saying she looked it over with my doctor and didn't see anything concerning. She said we may just monitor this more frequently like every 6 months. That same day, a nurse practitioner got back to me to say that the results are inconclusive as the lab that tests the pancreatic cyst fluid is now closed, permanently. I asked if they were gonna send the sample to another lab but I was told that is the only lab in the US that tests pancreatic fluid. I find this hard to believe. I guess no one can find out now if their cysts are mucinous or not not? He basically said I would not have needed surgery even it was mucinous as my cyst wasn't that big. I wasn't under the impression, originally, that the size of the cyst meant anything. He assured me they had many patients with musicnous cysts that were being watched over. He also said the yes we would repeat the scan in a month or two but that as long as that came back fine, I would not need scans more frequently than once a year. I was a little dissapointed by this outcome. I wanted to know if I had a mucinous cyst and if it was cause for concern. It seems the whole procedure was for nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment