Lymph Node/Salivary Gland (Parotid) Update
I did get the biopsy of my lymph node done. Well, I should say, that was the plan. The doctor tried to biopsy the lymph node but couldn't, so he biopsied some tissue near my salivary gland. That tissue came back as saying category three, atypical. That didn't make me feel too good, I looked at the results through my my chart. The ENT didn't have much to say. He said the good news is it's not cancer, but it's not benign either. He gave some options like repeating the ultrasound to make sure it didn't get bigger, and monitoring it for a year, or getting a second opinion with the senior surgeon. I opted for the surgeon. So once again, back to the city to see the surgeon. The surgeon said he's not quite sure what to make of the results. He wasn't sure if the doctor had actually biopsied what we thought was a lymph node, or if he biopsied something else. He also said the results of atypical cells means they couldn't really get an accurate reading on the material. Right there in the office, the surgeon asked if I would let him do a biopsy of the supposed lymph node. I said sure, if you can, go for it. So as I was sitting, he cleaned off the area and proceeded to gather some fluid from the lymph node. At this point I'm still waiting for results. I also need an MRI of the site as the ultrasound didn't really say much. Unfortunately, the MRI is scheduled for the 27th, I believe, so that's a bit far off. After the MRI, I can schedule an appointment with the surgeon once again and see what all the results say. I feel like the ultrasound and first biopsy were all for naught; like I'm starting all over. I still hope for a good outcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment