Bronch Results, Aspergillus
Yesterday I felt pretty tired still, as if the bronch meds were still affecting me. I slowly gained a bit more energy as the day went on. My lungs felt much more clear with the mucus removed. I went out for pizza at my favorite pizza place with my parents. It did not disappoint. I decided to drink a bit less fluids since my stomach has been a bit distended lately. My coordinator gave me a call around 4:30pm yesterday telling me that the material taken from the bronch gets sent to two different labs. The first lab looks at the material through a microscope and from that they could tell that one, I did not have any rejection, and two, I do have an Aspergillus infection. This didn't really shock me as I figured I had to have some sort of fungal infection. It is just a little strange though as I have had to this for some time and I haven't been around dirt or dead leaves prior to a couple of days ago. My last Aspergillus infection was 5 years ago. The plan is to start Posaconazole, which I am no stranger to. I will take 3 tabs twice a day the first day and then 3 tabs daily. The only thing different is that I use to take the liquid form of Posa and it used to be 4 times a day for two weeks to start, and then twice a day after that. I used to do a 6 month course but I'm not certain how long I will be on this for. I will ask when I see the doctor on Nov 6. My coordinator said I will need blood work for the first several weeks as My Cyclosporine dose needs to be lowered as the Posa will exponentially increase the level in my blood. I also need to take half the dose of my CMV medicine so I have to get a new script for that. I'm waiting for both meds to arrive through mail order. I will do some kidney labs and urine on the 6th as well. I sent an email through MyChart to my nephrologist to let him know my creatinine level and about retaining fluids. I haven't heard back just yet. I'm hoping I don't need a kidney biopsy. I didn't go to yoga again today and I have the skin doctor tomorrow, so Friday I will try to get to yoga. It's a meditation class followed by a beginner yoga class so I'm hoping that will be light enough to get through. My right lung still feels wheezy and I'm a bit out of breath when I exert myself, not terribly out of breath but noticeably out of breath. I'm gonna aim to get a walk in at the park today as it's another beautiful day. I'm going to go to sound healing class later tonight.
edit: Nephrology got back to me and said it could be that creatinine is elevated due to the infection. Once the infection is cleared they will reassess, but they just wanted me to know they were aware of things. They mentioned possibly switching my immunosuppressant after the infection clears but I don't think that the lung team will agree with that.
No comments:
Post a Comment