Tuesday, October 15, 2024

The Nodule Saga Continues

 The Nodule Saga Continues


    Last Wednesday I got yet another Chest CT scan done. My coordinator called me with the results two days after. She said the films showed that some of my nodules had gone away while some new ones had appeared. They called it waxing and waning nodules on the report. She said we would need to do another bronch but we wouldn't do any biopsies. I thought this was a good idea as my right lung had been noisy since the previous Sunday. I was in yoga, just a simple restorative yoga class where you lay in different positions for several minutes at a time and I kept needing to cough or clear my throat almost every few minutes. It was embarrassing! I didn't want people to think I was sick with a cold or something contagious. My coordinator told me I would need to do some blood work before the bronch. I later thought to ask if a biopsy would help determine what was going on seeing as I did have a bronch already and it didn't really culture anything. So I emailed my coordinator and she said that they would only do a biopsy if there was a nodule that looked infected. I'm still not sure why a biopsy of a nodule that wasn't infected wouldn't be worth doing. I planned to ask the doctor doing my bronch right before the procedure. I was sent a date and I couldn't believe it! It was set for the fist appointment of the day on Monday. I had my mom drive me into the city at 6am as my appointment was for 7am. When I got there and gave my name, the receptionist looked at me funny and asked if I had a different last name.  Apparently he couldn't find my name because I go the date wrong! My procedure was for the following Monday! My mom was not very happy, and neither was I was my lung is kind of annoying me as the mucus continues to rattle and vibrate as I breathe. Thankfully we got home quickly and could go back to bed. At least my mom didn't have to miss work for that and thankfully the apt wasn't in the middle of the day. My mom also quickly forgave me.  I was wondering why I suddenly wouldn't need to get blood work done. I decided to get my blood work done today so it would be out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simulation

 Simulation   I recently went to Sloan to have my mold shaped for radiation.  I first was put through the Ct machine. I'm not sure if it...