Thursday, October 24, 2024

More Bronch Results Come In

 More Bronch Results Come in


    My skin appointment was uneventful and that's always a good thing. I go back in 6 months but I usually end up going earlier than that. I called my mail order pharmacy about my Posaconazole. I am having trouble getting it despite the fact that my doctor sent in the prior authorization. They even confirmed on the phone that the prior authorization went through. Despite that, they said it needed to be processed and that could take 7-10 days. I told the woman I really needed the medicine due to my fungal lung infection and she put me on hold only to come back to say that it's their policy and there was nothing she could do to speed up the process. She did say it was possible that it could process before the time frame given.

    My coordinator called a little later in the day and I figured she was calling about the Posaconazole. She wanted to know what the mail order pharmacy had to say; if there was any progress. She then told me more results came back and they showed I had cultured Pseudomonas. This would need to be treated with two weeks of IV antibiotics. Although the results showed I was sensitive to Ceftazadime, because the infection did not clear with two weeks of treatment with Ceftaz from September, I would need to try another medicine, Meropenem. I have been on that before too. As far as my memory goes, I think I tolerate that one well too. It's only twice a day so that's no problem. I just don't like when it's three times a day as it interferes with my sleep. My coordinator then told me I also have rhinovirus. That explains my constant runny nose! 

    I had been feeling bad that I haven't been going to yoga, and although I did manage two small hikes that day in the forrest and a small walk yesterday, I haven't really been exercising. I'm just more winded than I have ever been in the last 13 years. I did email my yoga studio too tonight letting them know what is going on with me and asking for a hold to be put on my account. They were kind enough to put a hold on my account once before. Here's to hoping they will place a hold again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simulation

 Simulation   I recently went to Sloan to have my mold shaped for radiation.  I first was put through the Ct machine. I'm not sure if it...