Covid
In November of 2022, I started to feel a bit ill. The first day I had some GI symptoms. By the second day I had a raging headache and felt so ill, I could not leave my bed. By midday, I felt better. I was instructed by my coordinator to get swabbed at a local medical center to see if I had the flu, COVID, or RSV. The test came back positive for COVID. My coordinator ordered Paxlovid for me. The next day I felt fine but was instructed by the covering doctor that I still needed to take the Paxlovid anyway. This meant I had to stop my CMV medicine because the Paxlovid would increase the amount to a toxic level. I also had to reduce my Cyclosporine from 100mg twice a day, to just 25mg in the morning, for the same reason. After the Paxlovid ran its course, I had to wait a week and get bloodwork to see where my Cyclosporine level was. I had to then keep increasing the amount I ingested and repeat blood work until the level was back to baseline. I also had begun taking my CMV medicine again after a week. Two weeks later, I would get rebound COVID and this time, I was actually quite sick. My lungs were very affected. I ended up being placed on IVs at home. I was supposed to start Tobramycin nebulizers, but I had a lot of trouble getting the medicine. When things finally got straightened out, I was told the medicine was not in stock anywhere. I eventually recovered after the course of IVs without ever doing the Tobramycin nebulizers.
No comments:
Post a Comment