Friday, September 20, 2024

Lessons Learned

 Lessons Learned

 

    From my journey of living with Cystic Fibrosis thus far, I have learned many things. Among these are, deep empathy, compassion, being as non-judgmental as possible,  advocating for myself, listening to my body, speaking up for myself, taking care of my health, the importance of having a solid support system, the importance of listening to your intuition, the importance of having a spiritual practice, resiliency, perseverance, tenacity, appreciating the small things in life- not just the big things, an appreciation for life itself, the power of faith to move mountains, the power of mind over matter, that miracles are real, and that I’m stronger than I ever gave myself credit for, just to name a few. I have been very lucky along my path as well. I have met so many earth angels along the way, that have helped me in my times of need. This includes my family, so many nurses, doctors, techs, phlebotomists, therapists, you name it. It’s taken a village to keep me thriving and I’m grateful for everything and everyone I have encountered thus far. Though this is not my complete story, it is a pretty comprehensive view of the physical aspects of my journey with Cystic Fibrosis so far

    One thing I sort of left out of this story is the amount of times doctors didn’t listen to me.  I cannot stress this enough, you must find doctors that do no gaslight you and that listen to you as you know your body best. Even if it’s a transplant doctor that doesn’t listen to your needs and concerns, you must find a new one. Your health is your number one priority. Even if it takes 10 different doctors, don’t stop until you find one that takes you seriously and listens to your needs. It’s also very important to listen to your intuition as it has valuable information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simulation

 Simulation   I recently went to Sloan to have my mold shaped for radiation.  I first was put through the Ct machine. I'm not sure if it...