Camping in Pennsylvania (Current)
It's become a tradition to go camping at a camp site in Pennsylvania each year with my sisters and their families. My oldest sister has an RV and my other sisters and I tent camp. We go over to my oldest sister's site for our meals and we spend most of our time hanging out there. The first night we got there it was DJ night. There is a pavilion there where the DJ plays music for a bout 3 hours. We always have a good time dancing. There's also a hula hoop contest that some of us participate in that's always fun too. The next night was bingo, in the pavillion, and the prizes were money. My brother-in-law won one of the games. We spent our days doing things like, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, fishing, chilling in the hammocks, reading, having s'mores by the fire, bike riding, getting ice cream, walking around the lake, and things like that. We did prize bingo too and my brother-in-law won a blanket that he gave to my niece who was overjoyed to have it. My sister also won a mug that she was eyeing up. We had really nice weather while we were there. Lots of sun and warmer temperatures. I was always dressed in layers as I'm a bit anemic. Our sites were also heavily shaded by trees and my sister's site was right by the water so the breeze was a little cool for me. In the sun it was very warm. Showering was probably my least favorite part especially since the mornings were a little cool. It was a little cold at night for the first two or three nights. I needed to pee a few times a night due to kidney issues, and when I'd get back into my bed I kept the blanket over my head to heat my body faster. Thankfully my tent mates were understanding! It was a very fun trip and very relaxing. I love spending time with my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment