Monday, August 19, 2024

Non-Matriculated Student and a Lip Infection

 Non-Matriculated Student and a Lip Infection

 

    About two years after graduating college, I decided I would try taking two college classes to give me something to do. I signed up as a non-matriculated student. It felt good to get out and be with people. All was going well until the antifungal I was on to prevent fungal infections, caused my antirejection medicine level and liver enzymes to spike. This caused my immune system to be very low, due to the very high level of my antirejection medicine. A small pimple that was near my lip turned into a huge staph infection. My lip began to swell to four times its size. I was sent to the hospital again. They put me on oral antibiotics and monitored me. I wasn't sure if my lip would ever be the same again. Eventually the lip swelling and infection calmed down and I was sent home. My teachers recommended I withdraw from classes and allow myself to heal and just enjoy life. I felt a bit defeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Simulation

 Simulation   I recently went to Sloan to have my mold shaped for radiation.  I first was put through the Ct machine. I'm not sure if it...