My Father Gets Me a Transplant Evaluation Appointment
I would come to find out, after my double lung transplant, that my father had a phone conversation with my doctor during my last hospital stay. He told her he didn't have good vibes about the way things were going. He told her it seemed like they were just letting me die. She informed him that when I was in the hospital with the first large lung bleed, I should have died, and that I would not be leaving the hospital this time. She told him he had to learn to let go. My father expressed his anger and hung up the phone. That is when my father decided to take matters into his own hands and make his own phone calls to the transplant center. He was determined to get me an appointment for an evaluation for transplant. He finally got an appointment, but it was not for several months. I told him that would be too late. I simply wouldn’t be alive by then. He called every day in case they had a cancellation and I could get me in early. He finally succeeded in getting me an earlier appointment, just a few weeks from when he started the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment